H6 Office / Ex- British Embassy
Budapest, V., Harmincad utca 6
Mixed-function, premium A category office building with retail space on ground floor, serving or storage functions in the basement, and flats or office space in the loft.
The building has a protected street facade. The property is 100% built-in, consisting of the following levels: basement, 5 levels plus built-in attic. The courtyard is currently covered at the mezzanine level.
The two street fronts are east and south facing, with a 12x3 m courtyard on the west side, and a northern side with a closed firewall to a similar height building.
It was built in the beginning of the 20th century, in accordance with the structural-technological requirements of that time.
The neoclassical building at 6 Harmincad Street survived the Great Flood of Pest in 1838 and the siege of Pest in 1849. Not the twentieth century, however: after the turn of the century, the Hungarian Bank outgrew its Dorottya Street headquarters and bought the aging building, which was demolished and replaced in its current form in 1914.