Breitner - ház
Budapest, V., Deák Ferenc tér 3.
Over the years, the more than one hundred and ten-year-old Breitner house, the Art Nouveau corner building on Deák tér, has had so many layers: both from a historical and physical point of view. The plot of land and the building standing on it at the time were purchased in 1910 by the Modern & Breitner company, one of the largest wholesalers of mail and lining goods in the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
As we enter the office, we immediately fall into a huge, open space, where full-height, large glass walls draw only transparent boundaries and create exciting reflections. In the corner of the V-planned space, a conference room with glass walls was placed, which, however, can be changed to milk white for private meetings with the help of a smart film. Thanks to the glass surfaces and the openings, an almost complete panorama of the surroundings opens up, so the Lutheran church, Anker köz and Basilica are also the decorative background of the office. As a result, the boundaries between outside and inside dissolve, and the office becomes a part of the pulsating city center in a visual sense as well.